Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Crybaby at dinner

We went to Knotts Berry Farm on Saturday. That is my favorite amusement park. After Knotts we went to dinner at Pollys, a restaurant my mom went to with her friend Linda that they liked. It was a little family restaurant/bakery. My sister annoyed me so many ways at the restaurant.

First, I noticed as I have before she doesn't talk loud enough for any waiter or waitress to hear her. She also can't look them in the eye- she tilts her head down- and this is not the first time, this is everytime. She also says "I guess I'll have," which is really annoying in my mind- shouldn't you "know" what you want? It is not as if my sister does not know etiquette- my mom is a home ec teacher and taught her!

Anyways, the waitress told my sister that they were out of chicken strips. My sister looked down like she was going to cry. The lady asked if she wanted to see a menu. My sister said yes and then complained to my mom, dad, and I that she was hungry and only likes chicken strips.

My sister eats so little- her list of doesn't likes is much longer than her list of likes. What does she like? Tomato soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken strips, fried chicken, French dip, mashed potatoes, and a few other things. She doesn't like any breakfast food, Mexican food, steak, baked potatoes, anything with hamburger, hot dogs, eggs, and the list goes on. It is such a mess going out to eat with her.

My mom said she was really sorry, but there was nothing that could be done, so she better find something else. My sister then proceeded to cry and whine about how she only likes chicken and she didn't want to come to this restaurant, and so on. My mom told her to get up, go to the bathroom, and come back when she has settled down. My sister came back and ordered the roasted turkey. It came with gravy. My sister told the waitress as she sat the food down that she didn't want the gravy. The waitress took it back and brought my sister some without gravy. Then Steph threw another fit when there was stuffing on the plate. Steph complained she didn't like the fries. She did eat her apple sauce. I was just appauled at her. I'm glad my mom didn't put up with her. I am glad that my sister did have to try something else and did eat the turkey after my mom said we weren't leaving until she did. It was just so embarrassing and unneessary. Grow up!

Today my sister made me mad again because she is clueless on how to take a call. She calls me sometimes when I'm at school or work over little things. The other day someone called about a free estimate on windows. My sister called me to tell me that. I said ok- that's nice- did you really need to call me for this? Why is this important? She said I don't know, they called. Today Dell called about my computer. She left a message that said "sent 12-13, call extension 5337393." No phone number to call- just an extension. That was all she wrote down and that's supposed to tell me everything. Then she called me and told me that like I was supposed to write down all this stuff right there, but when she didn't write everything down completely, how was I supposed to know.

No comments: