Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

2007 can easily be summed up as one of my best years.

I started off 2007 a little depressed because of family stuff with my aunt and grandma. I was also depressed because I felt so alone at school. It wasn't that I tried to make friends- I had done everything I could to make friends.

My relationships with friends have actually become better this year. I think a lot of it had to do with the firing of one of my coworkers. Everyone could suddenly be theirselves. Gaby and I, one of my best friend's, who I also work with became a lot better friends. We were good friends before and a lot alike, but in the past few months our friendship has become a whole lot stronger. We now make it a point to try and meet up at least once a week for dinner or snacks. My relationships with my friends Steve, Mike, and John have also grown stronger. Who knew that computer games would unite us? We had sort of drifted away after high school because we're going to 4 different colleges, but Mike transferred to a local college and suddenly Steve, Mike, and I found ourselves hanging out 4-5 nights a week. This lead to my parents questioning my whereabouts a lot and the random going out late at night with friends, but it is not like I was doing bad things. Steve is just the nicest guy and I love that he helps me with any of my computer problems. The same can be said for John.

School has been alright. It was definitely full of challenges from the classes I was taking. I was certainly not fit for Sports Journalism. My exhaustive schedules at school also proved difficult. One only has to look at previous blogs where I talk about my schedules and Steph's schedule to see how crazy my days are. I had other battles to fight at my college like credit for my internship. It was a battle that began just looking for a professor to assign coursework, but worked its way up to the chancellors office. School is a constant fight, sometimes it makes me stronger. My tenacity however continues to be strong. I know if I want something, I must fight for it.

My grades continue to improve. I have a 3.402 overall GPA right now, which has gone up .18 since January when the last grades came out. I had a 3.89 GPA last quarter- it would have been a 4.0 if my college didn't give you 3.6 instead of 4 points for an A.

My relationship with family continues to improve. My parents continue to support me both emotionally and financially. My relationship with extended family like my cousin Danielle and dad's sister-in-law's family has improved. I love that I can stay in contact through the internet with my cousins in Oklahoma, which is awesome and through blogs and instant messenger can continue to find out about each other. None of my relationships have been bad with them, but let's just say we continue to become closer. That's really the case.

There are so many other aspects in life I could talk about, and really want to, but this is getting lengthy.

Overall 2007 has been a great year. Here's to a great 2008!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

Crystal* said...

Happy New Year!!!

I enjoyed this blog. And I understand the whole Grandma issue. Mom struggles with it, as well. *sigh*
I do have to admit that I enjoy being able to bip over here and check out what's going on in your world.
Glad things are looking up!!!
Grins,
Crystal*