Monday, December 31, 2007

If you say shopping for me, let's go shopping for ME

When you say we're going shopping for me- let's go shopping for me. Just because we go to Gottschalks and we pass the women's department does not mean you have to stop. Sure, it might be nice for me to let you and 99% of the time I do, but then the shopping trip turns out to be for you and not me. And you wonder why I don't want to go shopping with you... do I really want to stand around all day while you go through every aisle and every rack trying on clothes? No.

If I want to go somewhere like Target and you decide to go along, don't ask to go to The Avenue afterward. I went out with one specific mission in mind- Target. If there's something you want at Target, then by all means, come along.

If I say I'm going out somewhere or dad and I are going somewhere like to the grocery store on Sundays, get ready to go when we are getting ready and don't play naive or wait until the last minute. Go water grandma's place on your own time. And you wonder why I hate waiting around for you? Who gives a rats about whether or not we can save gas by driving together? 2 miles roundtrip isn't going to make a huge difference. Don't give me a guilt trip about that and why we should go together.

If I say I want to go somewhere, don't interrogate me and ask me why I'm going there. If I say I'm going to Target, out with friends, don't ask specifics. Sure, it may be your right to know as a parent. But I'm over 18. Lay off on the whole clingy thing.

No comments: