Friday, October 5, 2007

Week in review 3

Saturday
Went to a friend's house and we played computer games Saturday night.

Sunday
I stayed home for the mostpart. I went to the gym and grocery store.

Monday
Work was soooooo fun. Lots of good conversation with one of my coworkers and best friend's. We were pretty much alone all day grading notebooks, so we got to talk alot and catch up in each other's lives. It is not something we get to do often since she works about 50 hours a week and goes to school full time. I got asked to be lead tutor again at work. I said no, but I am sure I'll end up doing it. Went to school Monday afternoon- got home at 5:30. I hate getting home so late; it makes me feel like I have no evening and time to rest. It is like the evening is gone before I even get home... and it is only 5:30... ok.... laugh.

Tuesday
Went to work again. One of the classes I tutor evaluated all of us tutors. We were graded on a 1-5 scale, where we needed improvement, and our strengths. I had good scores and comments overall... mostly 4s and 5s. My comments were almost all positive like the kids like the fact I don't take their attitude. They like that I am hard on them and I don't take whining or complaining. Some also hated that about me, but oh well. The worst comment I got was that I need to stop smiling. I smile too much and some people find it scary. I also got a comment that someone was unhappy I don't know calculus.

I also had to follow a student around named Nacho. He is a football player and he is not doing his work in his science class. His teacher asked that I go into the class with him, take notes, make sure he stays on task, show him what to take notes on, help him, etc. He enjoyed having me there. He actually did his work. I was hard on him and I said you're going to do this work because now I'm in on it, your mom is in on it, your teachers, so I don't think you want to deal with all this pressure. We also got him a new seat in the class. Good stuff. He sits up by the teacher now based on my recommendation. Nacho has no clue I was the one who suggested it. Haha

Wednesday
Started my political internship. It was mainly boring stuff for the first 3 hours- reading manuals, signing papers. Then the last hour I filed press releases into a 3 inch binder. Again, boring, but oh well. I got to leave an hour early and still got credit. Good deal.

Thursday
Internship again... got to learn to sign the signature of the person I am working for. Also heard funny stories of people who regularly call the office. Got allergy shots with the family. Ate at the Mexican Kitchen for dinner. Yum. I love their cheese enchiladas.

Friday

Went to my community college class and turned in my take home test. Went to work to fill out my timecard. Then I sat down and ate at Jack in the Box as opposed to going through the drive through. Was driving to school and the battery voltage light was low. I knew this battery was dying a long time ago. My dad refused to believe me. It died. In the parking lot at school. I went to class, called my dad at school, told him to meet me when I got out of school with a battery for my car. He did. Took him an hour to put it in. Grrr. Me was not happy. My dad for some reason thinks a battery will last forever, but any other thing like tires if there is even slight wear he gets worried.

No comments: