Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Continuing on with Steph

Last post I promise unless something comes up that strikes my fancy.

Tonight we sat down to dinner and I told everyone about my day. I had a run-in with the principal where I work because I was causing problems again. Anyways, I am telling my story about the principal and his response; in the middle Brat interrupts and says "oh I hate that guy too" and went off telling how at the school site council meetings last year the principal always sat by her, and how she didn't like that. I don't recall it being her turn to speak. It wasn't. I never did finish my story, but that was someting that just ticked me off. It happens all the time so I'm used to it. Usually mom calls her out on this, but not this time. I just stopped telling my story and when Steph was done with hers I said, "thank you for your wonderful story we have heard 50 times before- we hear it every time I mention the principal." She said, "well I hate the guy," and she got defensive saying she had a right to tell the story. I just reminded her that I started telling about my day before her rude interruption.

This also happens when I mention just about any other thing associated with work. I say in Mrs. X's class this happened today. Steph had Mrs. X as a teacher, so Steph proceeds to jump in and say stuff like "I bet Mrs. X got really upset. She probably threw the kid out of class. I can't imagine Mrs. X doing that... etc. etc. etc." Goodness, it is my story I'm telling, not her's. It was my day, not her's. She can sit patiently and listen, ask questions AFTER I told about my dang adventure at work.

This happens a lot of other times when maybe I'll be telling a story or telling about my day and Steph was a part of it. I can't tell the full story because someone jumps in, dominates, and interrupts and then gives their version. It is not a matter of her not getting attention, it is a matter of her needing to be respectful. She gets plenty of attention. More than me in most cases I'd say because I am independent. I am a self starter. I am trustworthy. I know how to get the job done whatever it may be.

This happens all the time and I call her out on it every time. It is a matter of respect. Something she doesn't have. I know to just back off and calm down; I do when this happens. I just give a friendly reminder and leave it at that. But dang her. It pisses me off she is so ignorant, stupid, disrespectful.

Maybe she wants to be the center of attention, but it's about respect.

No comments: