Saturday, August 16, 2008

One of those crazy weeks

Wednesday my mom, sister, and I rearranged the dining room. We moved the buffet that has sat in the same place my entire life to the other wall, then we moved the computer desk in the living room into the kitchen. That really opened up the living room and the dining room still has quite a bit of space too. YAY! Looks GREAT!

Thursday my mom, sis, and I went to Olive Garden for the unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch for $6.95 per person. We ate lots and I had to get dessert- white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Delish! We got allergy shots and browsed the mall.

Friday I went to Goodwill to drop off old clothes and other things we've found while working on the house. Afterward I hit Best Buy to try to find a gift for my dad. I didn't find anything, but had an idea. I remembered my mom said he liked the TV Miniseries from the 70s "Centennial." A few clicks and taps on my iPhone and I found amazon.com had it, it had just come out on DVD on the 29th of July. I went home and bought it.

In the evening I waxed my mom's car. I got gas in Ontario for $3.87. WOOT!!! Gas is still near $4.00 here. I went to Gameworks with my friends Steve and Mike. They have a Friday night special- unlimited arcade games for $16 from 9p.m.-2a.m. Of course we had to stay the whole time to get our money's worth. Steve and Mike decided to play Air Hockey and both beat me miserably. Watched the men's volleyball and really enjoyed that while there. Seriously, volleyball is one of the few sports I am good at because I am tall. Seriously would like to play on a team. That's the only sport I'd ever want to play on a team. Men's volleyball is hard to find, though. Dallhouser and Rodgers rocked it. Me, not being a night person was tired, did not want to drive all the way home. Gameworks is 30 miles from my house, so I opted to drive the 10 miles back to Steve's place and crash for the night. I was up at 8 and drove home.

I got home and nobody noticed I was gone. They still function without me being here. GASP. My dad got up and made bacon for breakfast for sandwiches and we told him about his gifts. My mom is buying him an iPod when the new models come out next month and my gift will also be coming in a couple days.

We're going to go to Olive Garden for a late lunch/early dinner about 3p.m. to celebrate my dad's birthday. I was thinking of going up to the gym to work out and dropping my dad's car off to get washed and waxed since I have a coupon for the car wash across the street from the gym, but his car is so messy on the inside with paperwork from school, that it is probably not the best idea right now. I also plan to rock out to the Deana Carter and Kid Rock concerts shown on Direct TV.

At 5p.m. I have to take off to go over to my friend John's house to dog sit for the night. I will do that until tomorrow afternoon. Easy night. His dog is easy to care for and I have a nice big 60'' TV to watch. No complaints.

Tomorrow afternoon/evening I am probably meeting Gaby for lunch, bowling, or something else... not sure. We need to talk and catch up on the gossip and drama in each other's lives.

Monday I will probably hang out with John and Monday night he wants to take me to dinner to thank me for dog sitting. I'm looking forward to that.

On Tuesday I'm hoping to start painting my room. I also have an appointment at noon at the day spa to have the facial hair on my chin removed by laser. I'm apprehensive that it might look bad, unnatural, strange to not do my whole face, and things like that. I am tired of suffering with constant razor burn and rashes as hinted in my last post. I'm not doing my whole face- just the chin. We shall see.

Wednesday or Thursday I'm probably going to go to my mom's school to help her.

No comments: