Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Suddenly running over your girlfriend became romantic

I was listening to Christy McLeap on KFROG this afternoon. This gal has a few screws loose. She seems very sadistic. She was talking about how romantic the new Bucky Covington song "I'll Walk" was. Romantic? I wanted, and probably should have picked up my cell phone to call and tell her I disagreed.

Sappy? Yes. Romantic? No. Whiney and grating on the nerves? Yes. Pitiful? Yes.

So here we have the big questions to ponder...
Since when did a girlfriend getting run over because she wanted to leave you because she was upset with you become romantic?
Is your girlfriend getting run over romantic?
Is the fact she might not be able to walk the same romantic?
Is being an idiot romantic? Shouldn't your senses, Mr. Bucky Covington have stepped in and realized the dangers of your girlfriend out walking at night, all alone? Isn't that romantic? All alone, in the dark, at night? Shouldn't you have been the voice of reason when your girlfriend was upset and not listened to avoid ending up in this romantic mess?
Is a fight romantic?
Is driving to the hospital to see your mangled girlfriend romantic?

Here's the lyrics...:

We were 18, it was prom night.
We had our first big fight.
She said "Pull this car over".
I did and then I told her, "I don't know what you are crying for".
I grabbed her hand, as she reached for the door.

She said, I'll walk.
Let go of my hand.
Right now I'm hurt, and you don't understand.
So just be quiet.
And later we will talk.
Just leave, don't worry.
I'll walk.

It was a dark night, a black dress.
Driver never saw her, around the bend.
I never will forget the call, or driving to the hospital
when they said her legs still wouldn't move.
I cried, when I walked into her room.
"I'll walk
Please come and hold my hand
Right now I hurt
And I don't understand
Let's just be quiet
And later we can talk
Please stay, don't worry
I'll walk"

I held her hand through everything
The weeks and months of therapy
And I held her hand and asked her to be my bride
She's dreamed from a little girl
To have her daddy bring her down the aisle
So from her wheelchair she looks up at him and smiles
and says. . .

"I'll walk
Please hold my hand
I know that this will hurt
I know you understand
Please, Daddy don't cry
This is already hard
Let's go, don't worry
I'll walk"



All I'm saying is please don't run me over and call it romantic!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. ME,
I can understand how as a guy you just don't get it..but the song is very romantic from a girl's prospective. And it is just a song , not really advocating hit and run. It is a song of passion, guilt, regret, forgiveness and hope. But most of all, it is about LOVE!! I know, I know, it is hard to figure out what we girls want..and sometimes the the secret is ...we do not know either.
Bucky Covington's vocals are beautiful here. Just relax and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think the theme is a little over the edge. But, please don't blame the guy in the song - especially these days.

If the girl wants to get out of your car, you might get in trouble if you try to restrain her. Maybe, he should have called a friend and asked them to come pick her up, or she should have. But then there's no tearjerking story.

Anonymous said...

You're just the typical, imcompassionate, male.

Anonymous said...

A lifelong companion is what all females long for. In the song, the guy stays with the girl through thick and thin.

Anonymous said...

You are a typical abusive boyfriend

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Me;
I take offense to what you wrote. I am a girl. This song is a beautiful love ballad about how couples fall in love and are there through each other through being there thick and thin. So you want your girlfriend to walk out on you like that after you were hit by a car? Would you like it if your girflriend wasn't there for you? Would you be happy if you didn't have a girlfriend to walk with? What is it that you are trying to accomplish by picking on Bucky Covington and a dj who finds a song romantic? It is romantic. Bucky Convington has worked hard in his career. he more than proved himself on American Idol. It is not fair that people like you try to bring him down.

- Karla

Crystal* said...

OMG
All you girls...get your undies out of a bunch. Mr. Me expressed his opinion. Get over it. It's his blog.
And for those rabid Bucky fans...it is, after all, just a song.
Don't you have something else to obsess over?

Anonymous said...

Crystal..get your undies out of a bunch. They just expressed their opinion. Get over it. This blog is public on the internet. What do you suggest they obsess over? They were responding to the questions that Mr. Me proposed.

Anonymous said...

don't ratt out bucky

Anonymous said...

I bet Mr. Me doesn't have half the talent Bucky does.

Crystal* said...

Anonymous: Gee. What a nice name. The simple fact of the matter is...if you don't like it...fine. But bashing someone YOU DON'T KNOW shows a marked lack of maturity. Hmmmm...kind of like posting "anonymously." My undies are fine, thanks.
Have a fantastic day.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Me,

I have some "deep thoughts" for you

Bucky is a top country music star of today. His current hit, "I'll Walk" is number 75 on iTunes top 100 songs this morning. Have you done that Mr. Me? Have you ever been to a recording studio? Did you try out for American Idol? His song "A Different World" was number 1 on the country charts for 3 weeks. Was your song? Didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

Bucky did not write the song!