Wednesday, July 16, 2008

B to the U to the S to the Y

That spells BUSY.
That's what I've been.
So what have I done?

- I have been dealing with family stuff.

- I bought a car. Pictures can be found on my myspace.

Me loves my new car. Waiting for so long definitely helped build the anticipation. I have saved every paycheck since I started working to buy this car. That's 3 years of paychecks!!! I still owe about $1,200 on it, but am going to work hard to pay it off ASAP. I had to finance $7,500 to get the college student rebate. I plan to pay $6,300 of that off in the next 2-3 months. The $1,200 will come when I get back to working on a more consistent basis. It was hard for me to buy it, especially when I'm so frugal with money, and the thought of having a payment. It was a $20,000 car that I got for $16,700 OUT THE DOOR (including taxes) after rebates.

I got a great deal though- tint added for free, the Bluetooth handsfree phone system, and a no key ignition. You turn a dial to start the car and the "key" is a keypad like you'd have on your keychain to open and lock the doors. It has a built in Bluetooth system so I can talk without an annoying earpiece. The Bluetooth system is neat, but the voice training has been annoying. Since when did "home" sound like "Iris?" I called my aunt a couple times because I told the phone to call home and it thought I said Iris. Same situation for words like Brad and Chad. I just need to enunciate more and reprogram the car. Think I have the system figured out- the volume button was the main culprit.


This is what the key for my car looks like- except it has a Nissan logo



- I've been struggling, taking a linguistics class. I guess I'm doing ok. My grade on the midterm was a 91.5%. That is well earned after several hours of reading, practicing, and struggling. Part of my problem is my allergies, so my voice is more nasalized and the words sound like they're coming from my nose rather than my voicebox.

- I have been helping my parents house hunt.

- I have been mourning the marriage of Mariah Carey to Nick Cannon

- I've been hanging out with my friend Gaby. She is a riot and so fun. We never have time to hang out because of her work schedule, but this summer we have made it a priority to see each other. We have gone out to lunch at the Mexican Kitchen twice this summer. We met each other back in elementary school, hated each other, she teased me in a nice way in 9th grade, then when we started working together we became great friends. She is one of the few friends who knows everything about me and I know everything about her.

- I made a demo tape in Spanish and English so I can apply to be a radio station traffic reporter. My friend John used his computer expertise to help me out.

- I have been doing sit ups- 100 a day, that's my goal. 6 pack is somewhat noticeable.

- I bought an iPhone. There were significant sacrifices to be made including giving my dad my old iPod and buying a battery for it for him, among other things.

- I have been playing around with iMovie on my Mac and learned to make an movie using old photos.

- Now I'm saving up for rims for the car. I am completely out of money. Dang. I haven't subbed in almost a month because it is summer, so I won't have a paycheck until October.

- I got a speeding ticket, which I don't think I deserved because there was no way I could have been going that fast after just turning on the street. My mom was in the car and can vouch for me. The police didn't even flash his radar gun at me. Now I have to do traffic school so the ticket won't end up on my record. I have never got a ticket before. Dang.

- I went to Disneyland with 2 of my cousins the other day. OMG. It was fun hanging with my cousins and catching up in their lives, but I loathe that Disneyland is so crowded and so expensive. A 1 day ticket was $91.00!!! I bought an annual pass for $129. My cousin was interesting though. I hadn't seen her in a year or so due to family disagreements. Throughout the whole day she told me I was anorexic and needed a good meal. She kept asking me if I was hungry and wanted an ice cream or to go eat. I kept looking at her thinking Chayna, you need a good meal, not me. You're 5'5'', 105lbs, and you lost 30 pounds recently. Please, don't tell me I need a good meal. You look emaciated.

- I feel I have lost a part of my masculinity. I went tanning today. There was a special at a place ($5.00) and I was without a friend and it was kind of like "why not?" Let's see what the hype is about. Went and am still as pale. They say it takes 24 hours to kick in. We shall see. Actually I'm not that worried about my masculinity. Who cares what others think? I'm from California- land of fake chests, breasts, and botox. Besides, I know plenty of guys who do that. It is the California thing to do. We gotta look our best!

No comments: