Thursday, March 5, 2009

How Can You Be So Heartless?

I subbed for my mom's friend Linda today. She has one kid named Jerry who is probably ADD and in a class of 34 with about a dozen others like that can be quite a challenge. I know him well. He's an interesting little one.

Today when he came in the classroom he saw me, hugged me, then was begging to be sent to my mom's classroom. I laughed and assured him if he stays in his seat and quiet, we'd get along great.

Five minutes later after attendance the students were engaged in group work. Jerry was still quieting down and trying to get focused. When he came in he was talking about pigs, Big Macs, and Jack in the Box. I never know what he'll say.

Class gets situated and Jerry has to scream out something about Jack in the Box, Whoppers, being hungry, and pigs. A minute later he created a song, and sang, which was absolute brilliance in my opinion sung to the tune of Kanye's "Heartless."

[Chorus]
In the night, I roll up to my Jack in the Box,
hungry as can ever be
wanting a cheeseburger
How could you be so hungry?
Oh... How could you be so hungry?

In the night, I go into the McDonalds
wanting me my Big Mac
Something so juicy, something so tasty
How could you be so hungry?
Oh... How could you be so hungry?

He did this for the different fast food restaurants and I loved it! It was hilarious!

No comments: