Monday, September 22, 2008

What I've been up to

Had a most excellent time in Louisville... here's some of the things I got to do:
- Go to Louisville Sluggers Museum and take the factory tour
- See Thomas Alva Edison's Louisville home
- Go to Schimpffs Confectionery in Jeffersonville KY and got to tour the candy shop
- Go to Dillards (my aunt in Oklahoma always talks about shopping at Dillards- we don't have one in California, but my mom wanted to tell my aunt she had done that)
- Go to Bob Evans to eat- the food was alright and pretty reasonable for the price (I tried tilapia)
- Went to Bardstown KY (a really old, historic city and saw buildings from the 1700s)
- Toured the Maker's Mark Distillery
- DIpped my own bottle of Bourbon
- Drove on the Bourbon Highway
- Went to the Jim Beam Distillery --- notice a trend? haha
- Talked to the wives and men of my dad's Army unit

Subbed several days- I worked everyday last week and am working 2-3 days this week- that's a nice $1,000 or so for me. Had the worst kids in the school- and they're only 7th graders. They were 6th graders last year and rotten then. What are they going to be like next year?

Went to the Irvine Spectrum with a friend

Went to the LA County Fair with my mom and her friend Linda from work. Linda is a nut, but I love her. We grazed our way through there eating just about everything unhealthy.

Went out on a 15 foot boat with my friend Mike yesterday. We went around Balboa, Newport, and Huntington Beach. It was a lot of fun. Got a little burnt. Did some playing in the water.

No comments: