Sunday, April 27, 2008

Carrie Underwood rant

Continuing on the country music trend rant, I wanted to mention how I can't stand Carrie Underwood.

First, she came from American Idol- it doesn't strike me like she put a bunch of effort into her singing career prior as compared to other idols take Daughtry for an example. Daughtry was working in the music industry prior, was in a band, and did Carrie? No. So, really, I feel like she hasn't paid her dues as an artist.

Second, her songs are often whaling and droning about god knows what. I can't stand her whiney voice in "Jesus Take The Wheel" or "Don't Forget To Remember Me." Her new song "All American Girl" has so many uuuuuhs and oooooohs and owwws and other annoying vocals that make the song just sound bad and unnatural. She has such a screechy voice in her song "So Small" it is like nails on a chalkboard.

Third, I don't want to hear her Bible loving messages in all of her songs- "Jesus Take The Wheel" where Jesus pulls that car to the side of the road. Personally I wish it crashed and then she wouldn't have been there to sing the song. Then "Don't Forget to Remember Me" is a pretty easy song to forget.

Personally to me she doesn't seem like the All-American girl she proclaims in her song. Would an "All American Girl" have dug her keys into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive, carved her name into his leather seats, took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all 4 tires? I think not. Seems rather unchristian.

What is so likeable about her? I just don't get it. To me she comes off as an arrogant frat girl who suddenly came to fame and screams I am wanna be diva, but I'm so pure and wholesome nobody will call me that like Mariah. I'm just little pure, wholesome Carrie Underwood from Oklahoma. She's just a bunch of "Wasted" talent if you ask me.

1 comment:

Crystal* said...

Well, hon, tell us how you really feel.
lmao
I couldn't stand "Jesus Take the Wheel." And yet, it seemed to kick ass at every music award show that year.
Pity that.
Grins*