Sunday, January 13, 2008

I made dinner

I love to cook and prior to this past quarter I would make dinner once a week or so. I hadn't made dinner in a while, so figured I would tonight.

I had a lot of choices- chicken, top sirloin, hamburger were the meats I could deal with. I chose chicken. I wanted something quick, so I decided on baked chicken. It was good and had a lot of flavor. I used a flour coating with paprika, pepper, Lawry's seasoning sauce, and salt. I also opted to make rice with a can of cream of chicken soup stirred in as opposed to the must-have with chicken. That must have is mashed potatoes. The chicken was great and the flavor could be found throughout the chicken, not just on the skin. I also made corn.

No, my intent was not to make you salivate, but with that description, I don't know how I could have avoided that. My point is one of two things- I made something we don't usually have (the rice and the GOOD chicken). Second, my sister got mad and became defensive when I criticized my dad's chicken for lacking flavor. Third, she complained even before she tried anything I made how she will hate it. And she must have; she may have taken a bite out of the chicken and ate almost no rice, which is because I poured the soup in it. The chicken wasn't much different than usual, other than it had much needed spices. My sister also complained that the corn tasted like water. I put it in the microwave for 6 minutes with salt and butter like my dad does. I can't judge, but I can assume it turned out alright since nobody else had any complaints. It hurts that my sister put me and my cooking down like that.

I plan to do a lot more cooking in the near future; and a lot of it I don't plan on my sister liking.

No comments: