Friday, January 4, 2008

Gas

I drive 300-500 miles per week. I live 10 miles from my college, 3 miles from work, so if I go to work each day and school I'm doing easily close to 40 miles. You have to factor in other days I have allergy shots, I go hang out with friends, I have to make a trip to the grocery store, things like that. When you add it all up it is close to 300-500 miles.

I kept a record of everytime I filled up the gas tank in 2007 because I have an aunt in Indiana who always encourages me to keep records of this stuff (as if it is important or something). She told me to do it to at least see how much I drive, see how much I spent on gas, and stuff like that. This woman keeps records each month of the cost of her phone bill, gas, electric, water, and gas for the car. Obsessive? I think. Unnecessary? I think. Anyways, to appease her I did it.

Here are the results:
Miles driven: about 20,000 in 2007
Lowest amount paid for gas: 2/1/2007 for $2.37
Highest paid: 5/15/2007 for $3.49 per gallon

So how much did I spend on gas in 2007?
$2,431.10

I do have a big, full sized car with a big, bad V8. I usually average 24-30 miles per gallon on the highway and 18 or so in the city. This year I have done a lot more freeway driving because of my going out.

No comments: