Saturday, January 31, 2009

Love my boss

My boss at the tutoring job e-mailed us Friday morning at 8:05 saying we needed to have a meeting Saturday morning. She suggested we make it a breakfast meeting. She asked for suggestions where to eat. I e-mailed her back at 8:07 and suggested Cocos. She e-mailed all of us tutors at 8:09 and said, "Breakfast at my crib at 9a.m. Saturday morning. Pancakes, sausage, freshly squeezed orange juice, and coffee. Be there, or miss out."

So all but 2 of the tutors showed up at her house yesterday. We were all there on time. My boss was in the kitchen, and all of us offered to help, but she insisted we set up her computer, and chug away at the agenda. The biggest issue was a lack of preparedness on the students' part when it comes to having notes, books, or necessary supplies. Basically she said that we need to take off 5+ points for not having that, she's going to make sure all of the teachers demand their students come to class prepared.

Very productive meeting. We started the meeting at 9:05 and by 10a.m. we hit all 5 points on the agenda. Usually 5 points would take us 3-4 hours and we'd have to write everything on the whiteboard, talk back and forth, but this one was a lot more effective. She realized that also.

By 10a.m. we had all been served and busted out our iPhones to talk about our favorite apps. 6 of us have iPhones. I was the 2nd person to get one. My boss has the old model that she bought back in April, then I got mine on the day the new 3Gs were introduced. We're all obsessed with Shazam and Pandora.

No comments: