Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Scorecard

I'm a nerd. I love my entertainment news. I love my country music. My cousin and I made a bet- whoever picked the most CMA award winners would have to treat the other to dinner.

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR *won*
Kenny Chesney
Would vote for Sugarland, but for whatever reason I think Kenny

FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Taylor Swift

MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
Kenny Chesney

NEW ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Kellie Pickler

VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR *won*
Rascal Flatts (easy, they win it every year)

VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR *won*
Sugarland

BEST NEW ARTIST
Lady Antebellum

SINGLE OF THE YEAR: *lost- George Strait*
Stay, Sugarland

ALBUM OF THE YEAR *lost- George Strait*
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride

SONG OF THE YEAR: *won*
Jennifer Nettles, Stay

MUSICAL EVENT OF THE YEAR
Josh Turner/Trisha Yearwood or Little Big Town/Sugarland.... choices, choices, choices
I chose "Another Try"

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Don't Blink, Kenny Chesney
(though I think Stay was an awesome video)

BTW, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are ROTTEN hosts. ROTTEN.
Her outfits are terrible. Carrie has nothing to say.
Brad is just downright annoying.

The awards show is still on, but I've done some online searching to find that I'm doing pretty well in my guessing.

No comments: