Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sad times in LA News

Hal Fishman, who has been at KTLA for 47 years died this morning at 3:00a.m. He was their primary anchor for the 10p.m. news. He was definitely a legend in LA TV. I liked his style and how he was so straight to the news, but also he challenged the viewers and others. I loved his commentaries and would often toon in just to hear him. I hope that KTLA can find a good replacement, even though there is no replacing him. It was announced last Tuesday he had colon cancer, which spread to his liver, then today to wake up to hear he died was sad.

Also, Rachel Boesing left KNBC 4 to pursue hosting gigs. I will miss her a lot. I will probably start watching KABC 7 in the morning. I am not a fan of Chris Schauble and Jennifer Bjorklund. I watched Today in LA for Rachel. Loved her sexy cat eye glasses, her voice, her style, her perkiness, and intelligence. I hope that Rachel resurfaces in LA TV soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Rachel Boesing issue! I have now set my TV channel elsewhere in the morning. Without Rachel, there is no Today in LA. I loved everything about her and I'm shocked she quit her gig there -- unless she does have something lined up and will be ready to roll soon. I thought she liked doing TV Weather -- I just can't see her as a host on an entertainment program. I didn't like her delivery on the Your LA show. She acted phony and tried too hard to be cool and cutesy.I always liked her sexy sophisticated and intelligent side with a business suit and silk blouse. I didn't like her chopped off hair either or the fact she lost a lot of weight and looked like a stick figure -- I preferred her 2004-2005 look; after that, she lost her edge. But she was fun and cool to watch and listen to. Hope she ends up doing okay out there amongst all those glamour girls vying for entertainment hosting. Thanks for listening!
-Sammy

--Sammy, former Today in LA viewer

Crystal* said...

So. You like cat eye glasses, eh?
*grinning*
I'll make a mental note. It's those little quirks that make us all fascinating.
Crystal*