Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sleep and family

I am not one to go out every night. I'm not one to have an odd sleep pattern. I am USUALLY in bed at 10:30 or so and up at 6:00a.m. I'm usually up by 8 on weekends. I'm surprised I'm actually doing alright and am not ran down. I'm grouchy when I'm tired. I haven't been lately, which is surprising...

This quarter has been soooooo different. Every Friday night I go to Gameworks to play arcade games with my friends from 10:00-12:00a.m. It is usually about 1:00a.m. before I get to bed these nights. I've gone out with coworkers and other random friends to eat, shop, and other stuff. Usually I get home between 10:30 and 11:30 when I go out with them. It's been fun. But this is so out of character for me to go out 5-6 nights a week. It is not like I'm doing stuff I shouldn't.

Last weekend I went out Saturday night to a dance with a coworker. Got home at 1:30a.m. and bed about 2a.m. Then of course I went to Gameworks on the Friday before. The Thursday night I was actually home- I remember having a bad headache. The Wednesday I was up at 3:15a.m. to go to see Mark and Kim. I got I think 5 hours of sleep the night before. I remember being out the Tuesday night.

I have gone out EVERY night this week with the exception of Monday. Tuesday night I had to be at a play for school. I got home at 11:00p.m. from that and slept sooo soundly until 6:00a.m.. Wednesday night I was planning on staying home. A coworker called to remind me we were going to a mall 30 miles away to go shopping and get t-shirts made. It was 11:00p.m. before I got home. It was 11:30 before I got to bed and I was up at 6:00a.m.. Thursday night I had to go to a baseball game for school and write story on it. We got to tour the stadium and interview some players. It was 12:00a.m. before I left the stadium. I went to bed at 1:00a.m. and woke up at 6:30a.m.

Last night I HAD EVERY intention of staying home, but my friends I've been going to Gameworks with invited me to see a play at one of the colleges, since one of our friends was in it. THE PLAY SUCKED. I was gone from 7p.m.-2:00a.m. My cousin designed the makeup for the play. There was the play, then afterward we went out to eat. My cousin tagged along with my group of friends and we ate at IHOP. We aired dirty laundry on each other. It was quite fun. We talked at IHOP until 1:30a.m., when I knew for my sake I had to call it a night. It was 2:30 before I got to bed by the way. I was up at 9, so I did get 6 1/2 hours, which is more than I can say I've got lately.

As for family, they're now teasing me that they don't know me. I am only home to eat or sleep. Tuesday and Wednesday night I've left home about 6 or 7p.m. I get home from school about 5. Thursday night I wasn't home at all. Friday night I wasn't planning on going out, but did and left at 7p.m. I was only home 2 hours. My parents brought up the fact how they never see me anymore and how I should stay around to get to know them.
Tonight I plan to stay home. Yes. Indeed.

No comments: