Thursday, June 21, 2007

My sister graduated

She graduated yesterday and I can't believe it. I don't think she is ready for the real world. I also can't believe things are going to change... she's no longer in high school. She will be going to college. I won't be driving her to school anymore. I refuse. 

Anyways, the ceremony was alright. It was 95 degrees and we were in the school football stadium. There was a slight breeze at times, which helped. I arrived 2 hours early with my cousin Danielle to get good seats. They were good front row seats. We sat around talking about random school and family stuff. Then my dad and mom arrived about 4:10. The ceremony began at 5. My aunt and uncle (on my dad's side) arrived about 5:15. They were coming from LA and hit traffic.

The ceremony was short. 643 seniors and all their names were read and all the graduation speeches in an hour and 21 minutes. It was kind of sad to be in the stands where we were so far from the graduates. Also, we were in the direct sunlight, so not sure we got great pictures. We'll buy the pictures of her walking across the stage and getting her diploma. 

We went to TGI Fridays with the family afterward. We sat around eating and talking for over 2 hours. It was quite fun and good to catch up on family stuff and just talking. 

No comments: